Wow…has it really been 1 1/2 years since I’ve posted anything! Yikes-a-bee!!! I must apologize and instill in you that I am going to do better. Recently my friend Shelby has sparked the blogging-fever back into my bones, and this is the result! A new layout and a new post. She also introduced me to Microsoft’s Live Writer software that makes blogging really simple too! The easier something is the more likely I am to actually make the effort to do it. But that’s just human nature. ANYWAYS….
Last fall Landon and I moved out of Mom & Dad Meikle’s home once they came home from their mission. We’ve moved into a wonderful apartment complex called ‘Eagles Landing’ in Idaho Falls. We are very happy living here and have enjoyed not only quiet neighbors but a swimming pool too!
I’m still teaching in Shelley in the 2nd grade. I absolutely love my job and those silly kids. This summer has been a good break and has rejuvenated my enthusiasm, energy, and excitement for the new school year. My first day of school this year is August 19th. Not much time left!!! This is a picture of my school. ((And I’m starting my 3rd year.))
Landon finally finished college this spring in April. He graduated with his degree in Communications: emphasis in advertisement & web design. We are enjoying the nights without homework and the days without needing him to drive up to Rexburg for classes. The economy is still really sluggish in Idaho Falls and finding a job hasn’t been easy. After a month of looking Landon did find a job working at an Allstate insurance company answering phones, doing paper work, and studying to get his insurance license. We are still on the look for something that he could use his college degree with. The plan is that I will teach another school year and Landon will continue to try and find something locally that is in his career field. If he doesn’t find anything in the next 9 months then we will need to consider moving. It breaks my heart thinking about it, but it would be for the best. We want to start a family and we need a father who has a stable job that can earn enough to support us. We shall see. I know Heavenly Father is aware of our concerns and desires, it’s now a matter of sitting back and waiting for things to fall into place. ((I think patience is a continual lesson I am supposed to learn in my life…it’s a theme anyways!))
Beyond those major things in life (moving, graduating, and jobs), life is going smoothly and wonderfully. We were just called into the primary together to teach the sweet sunbeams…all 8 to 10 of them. I think it’s been about a month since we started. I’m starting to find some enjoyment with being around the kids, but I’m not sure Landon is sure about being in Primary! Lol…after the first Sunday we taught Landon turned to me and asked, “Are you SURE you still want to have children?!?” It’s probably a good thing babies come one at a time. I really miss being in Relief Society and playing the piano for them, but we will go where we are needed.
Hmmmm….. Our lives aren’t that busy or crazy to really fill up a blog with the most amazing stories or pictures. Maybe that is why I’ve neglected this for so long. I want to try to do better with listing the little things we do through out the week. We fill our time with movies, reading, friends, and family. I’ve started my own separate blog as a way to express what is going on in my head or life. I’ve enjoyed being able to create that as an outlet. I hope this will be the first of many posts to come!!!
I loved your blog. I'm jealous I wish we had a swimming pool. That must make summers wonderful. Congratulations Landon for graduating. It's a big deal so i hope you celebrated. I hope you can find a job that fits the needs of your family wherever it may be. If you need please consider Washington. I would love to have friends close by. I'll keep an eye out for jobs in our area.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Amanda, 3rd grade is going to be great. I can't wait to hear how you like it, the differences in the grades and joy and frustrations of teaching.
Life doesn't need to be fill with exciting things it's the little things that make a difference. So keep on blogging. I can't wait to read more.
Love ya.
Elizabeth